designed in 2016.
live edge black walnut / blackened steel
harvested from a single fallen black walnut tree outside of Louisville, Kentucky. see the story below.
- limited to the 6 slabs harvested from the log. sizing below.
- series consists of 6 similar sized slabs, all from the same log.
- dimensions available:
- Slab 1 - 72L x 30-38W x 30H (sold)
- Slab 2 - 68L x 30-34W x 30H (sold)
- Slab 3 - 72L x 29-36W x 30H (available)
- Slab 4 - 60L x 30-32W x 30H (sold)
- Slab 5 - 84L x 32-38W x 30H (sold)
- Slab 6 - 65L x 32-37W x 30H (available)
lead time / shipping.
- 5-6 weeks - 90% of the work has already be done to these slab tops.
- freight to business with loading dock
- freight with lift gate can be made available.
- starts at $2100.00
optional stool seating.
We designed these American Walnut & blackened steel stools to comfortable fit underneath the table. With 4-6 people imagined grouping around the table at one time.
- American Walnut / Blackened Steel
- Standard Dining Height
- 13" Diameter seat x 18"H seat
- $300.00 per
The wood from this series was taken from a single fallen black walnut tree, which we found near the eastern most part of my grandfather's property in Louisville, KY circa 2014. Each slab was milled over the course of three days and left to dry for over two years. The hand-blackened steel base was inspired by a bullet that we found in the tree's core. Based on the depth in which the bullet was located, it is estimated to have been there over 50 years.
We wanted to combine the deep, dark tones of the black walnut with the hand-blackened steel to maintain a design that was clean and as natural as possible. Individually numbered and limited in quantity.